Saturday, June 18, 2011

"LIFE IS MORE THAN TWO WEEKS A YEAR"

     Looking outside I see the sun is shining, the pool, not yet warm but with its inviting color along with the sound of a soft waterfall, beckons me to come and enjoy the warmth of the sun on my sun deprived skin.  It looks like summer and I want it to be summer. I want to cast all my responsibilities aside and just bask in the sun.  After all, if I were on vacation, that's exactly what I would be doing.




     Perhaps that is one of the keys to life, enjoying each day as if I were on vacation. And daily responsibilities will be there every day.  I want to have a balance in my day so that I can appreciate and enjoy life's daily pleasures while tending to today's To Do List.  "Life is more than two weeks a year."  And, God's beautiful opportunities come daily, I think He wants me to enjoy them.  So today I am going to stop what I am doing and go outside by the pool and take a lunch break.  It'll be my mini vacation for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment